Thursday, March 4, 2010

Circumcision

Jake & I came to an agreement on circumcising Aedyn.
I really didn't see a reason to have it done, but Jake was insistent on it so he would be like most boys.
So I decided that only if he had pain medicine we would do it.
Well Dr. Patel, my doctor who would be doing it said she doesnt use it, so I was referred to a pediatric surgeon, Dr. Kelley.
He went in at 9 days old, the same day his umbullical cord fell off.
he was weighed and he was 7 lbs 6 oz. And just 2 days before at WIC he was weighed and he was 7 lbs. 3 oz.
The doctor came in to explain the procedure to me, they did it with plastibell.
The doctor said that they were going to strap him down to do it and I started crying, and I definately didn't want the doctor seeing me cry so it was pretty embarassing.
They took him back and they said it would just take 5 minutes, the whole time I was in that room by myself worrying about him.
I cleaned my shoes to keep my mind off of him.
They finally brought him back to me and he wasn't even crying and it didn't look like he had cried. The nurse said that he only fussed when they strapped him down.
I was so relieved that it was over and he was fine.
It looked soooo weird. Like a dog's thing. lol
They told me that for the first 2 days I need to put neosporin on it and then after that not to put anything on it so it could dry up and heal like his umbullical cord did.
The plastibell was like a little ring that stayed on for 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I won't have to deal with this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment